You may be facing this error while sending an email from your outlook express account. The Error message: “Failed to connect to the server. Socket Error 10051 Error Number: [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]”
What is error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] and why does it occur?
Error no: [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is due to a conflict with the SMTP server and it occurs due to the bad setup of your software preferences. You need to double check that all the entered parameters are correct with port numbers, authentications and secure connection.
How to fix Error Number: [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]?
There are many solutions to solve this error however we are going to discuss 6 easiest and working methods to solve this error as quickly as a jiffy.
Before starting the solution double check your account settings as bellow:
- Click on Tools Menu, select an account that causes the problem and click on properties.
- Check if the name of the outgoing mail server (SMTP) is correct. As picture below:
- If the server requires authentication Check Mark on My server requires authentication.
Click on More Settings
- Check the SMTP port number is the same indicated by your FAE.
- If connection needs to be secure then check the mark, this server requires secure connection SSL. As picture below:
Six easiest methods to fix Error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]
Microsoft Outlook error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] occurs on windows 10 that indicate the problem with Outlook Express or Windows Mail. This error usually occurs due to the conflict between SMTP Servers. When a user tries to send mail without proper setting of the account.
In this guide we are going to sort out 6 easy methods to solve the error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] that might help you.
Method.1 Fixing through Programs and Features Tab.
- First of all try to fix this Outlook Express error through program and features by auto repair tool as follows:
- Click on Windows button and search program and features (you can also open control panel and go to programs and features)
- Search for Microsoft Office 365 in programs and features. (or select any office applicable application)
- At top of the Programs and Features window click on edit select “Repair” and follow the instructions on the screen.
When it finishes processing, restart Outlook and check if the error code is removed, if it persists then try method 2.
Method 2. Check server requirement setting as Follow:
- Open Outlook from applications.
- Open File.
- Account Settings.
- Click email tab from the account setting window and you will see the next window as bellow:
- Select your email account from the list.
- Click on the email account then click on more settings.
- Now open the internet email setting.
- Open the outgoing server tab.
- Mark on the first option, my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click Ok to save the setting.
After clicking on ok now restart the outlook and check if error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is removed else move to the next solution.
Method3. Check Duplicate Account or Delete Duplicate Accounts.
Still didn’t get the solution? Let’s check the duplicate accounts. It may also be the reason for Error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] and deleting duplicate accounts may be the possible solution for it. Follow the options below
- Click on Menu from outlook.
- Open account settings from the menu and click on the mailing tab.
- Check the duplicate account in the list and select one.
- Click on remove to remove one duplicate account see picture below:
After removing the duplicate account restart outlook and check if you still see Error Code [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. Then the problem is a little tricky let’s move on method 4 and see if we are lucky.
Method.4 Change Server Port Number.
- Open Outlook
- Click on file and Go to Account Setting
- Click on Email from the account setting and select your email account from the list.
- A new window Email Account will be open.
- Go to more settings and click on Internet Email Settings.
- Click on Advance Tab
- Now change the (SMPT) port number from 465 to 587
- Click on OK to save changings see picture below.
After completing the settings restart outlook and pray that the Error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is removed if you are lucky the problem is solved if not we still have method 5.
Method 5. Check Antivirus Software on your window.
In this method here is a simple solution to fix the error. Disable antivirus for a while it may prevent microsoft outlook from establishing connection from email client.
Disable Antivirus as Following Steps
- Select Start
- Update & Security
- Windows Security
- Virus & threat protection
- Manage settings (or Virus & threat protection settings in previous versions of Windows 10).
Each antivirus has different settings to disable it. Check according to the software you use.
If the error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] still resists, move to method 6.
Method.6 Uninstall Outlook and Reinstall
So you are on method six and it is because the above five methods didn’t work. Now the final solution for the error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is to uninstall outlook and reinstall again. After installing again try adding a new account.
Uninstall Microsoft Outlook with following steps:
- Open Program and Features from Control Panel.
- Search For Microsoft Office 365 ( Outlook is the part of Microsoft Office 365)
- Double click on microsoft office 365.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to complete uninstalling.
- After completing uninstallation, install microsoft outlook again.
- Create a new account, add it in outlook and try sending the email again.
In this article we discussed 6 solutions for the error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. Hope one of em worked for you and error is fixed now if not please comment below, We will find the possible solution for you.
For More info: https://theskfeed.com/pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6-error-fixed/