This article is dedicated to all internet user especially teen agers. A report on distribution of internet users worldwide shows that 26% of internet user’s age lie between 15 – 24 years. Mostly people now a day live an online life.
Now with huge internet possibilities you can share your life events and moments rapidly. This instant sharing habit sometimes can cost you badly as most people share their life on internet in one go and they neglect the privacy they have by that internet medium or forgetting the privacy options on social media sites.
Here are some basic yet useful tips that improves your online privacy for sure.
#1. Know the Privacy Settings of Every Internet Medium You Use:
Whether a Facebook or any other site you visit you should be aware of some basic things that allow you to use internet more securely. If we talk about social media then you should set the privacy options according to your own social limits and not by the default settings. See your public profile and check who can see your posts and pictures and take a minute to review what you are going to share with the world
On the other hand whenever you visit a site make sure not to enter your personal information and must check the site authority. Now you will ask that how you can know a site is secure to use? .Let us share a simple way to know the facts and figures of a site.
Just open google transparency page and enter the URl of the site you want to know is secure or not and hit enter. This will give you current status
#2. Turn Off Wi-Fi And Bluetooth When Not Using Them:
Turning off Wi-Fi where helps to reduce battery usage it also hides your IP address, device and Wi-Fi details that can be hacked by some mastermind hacker so try Bluetooth when you really need it and stop keeping it on standby.
- Never make a public network that enables everyone to access your private files and folders.
- Try to keep a strong Wi-Fi password.
- Have look on your data usage daily to check if someone is downloading videos or etc. using your internet data.
#3. Never Click On Links That Look Suspicious:
Internet hackers always tries their best to capture your personal information to use it either to steal your bank money or for other illegal usage. Now to protect yourself from internet black whales you should consider the following things:
- Never click on unrelated links found on various sites
- Don’t enter the information if looks immature of fake
- While reading promotional email if someone offer you money on clicking the link then just delete it fast
- Consider the real website URL. Some illegal website looks are close to real but slightly different site address can help you to guess the current site is fake.
- Find the users review about a specific site on the internet.
- Check website social pages to judge a site is real of fake.
Security comes to those who want it. Try not to neglect today’s internet security haze and be a precautious and rational online person.
Recommended Reading: Tips to make your smartphone more secure